Trampoline: twenty astounding stories by Christopher Barzak, Richard Butner, Alan DeNiro, Carol Emshwiller, Jeffrey Ford, Karen Joy Fowler, Greer Gilman, John Gonzalez, Glen Hirshberg, Samantha Hunt, Alex Irvine, Shelley Jackson, Beth Adele Long, Maureen McHugh, Susan Mosser, Ed Park, Christopher Rowe, Dave Shaw, Vandana Singh, and Rosalind Palermo Stevenson. Cover painting by Shelley Jackson.
- Greer Gilman’s novella “A Crowd of Bone” won the World Fantasy Award
- Trampoline and Alex Irvine’s “Gus Dreams of Biting the Mailman” were nominated for World Fantasy Awards.
- Susan Mosser’s “Bumpship” was reprinted in The Year’s Best SF.
- Christopher Barzak’s Dead Boy Found” was reprinted in The Best New Horror.
- Karen Joy Fowler’s “King Rat” and Richard Butner’s “Ash City Stomp” were reprinted in The Year’s Best Fantasy & Horror.
- Multi-author interview. (An interview with Greer Gilman. And an older interview.)
Table of Contents
Ed Park, Well-Moistened with Cheap Wine, the Sailor and the Wayfarer Sing of Their Absent Sweethearts
Shelley Jackson, Angel
John Gonzalez, Impala
Samantha Hunt, Famous Men (Three Stories)
Alex Irvine, Stories Gus Dreams of Biting the Mailman
Alan DeNiro, Fuming Woman
Dave Shaw, King of Spain
Susan Mosser, Bump Ship
Vandana Singh, The Woman Who Thought She Was a Planet
Glen Hirshberg, Shipwreck Beach
Jeffrey Ford, The Yellow Chamber
Beth Adele Long, Destroyer
Carol Emshwiller, Gods and Three Wishes
Christopher Barzak, Dead Boy Found
Karen Joy Fowler, King Rat